What is a remote command?
The Mason Platform includes a number of remote commands that can be used by your team to help manage devices in the field. These actions include:
|PING||Ping the device for the latest status update|
|CHECK FOR UPDATES||Remotely force the device to check if there are updates available.|
|REBOOT||This action will reboot the device. The device will be offline and unreachable until it reboots.|
|SHUTDOWN||This action will power off the device. The device will be offline and unreachable until it is powered back on.|
|WIPE DATA||This action will perform a factory data reset on the device. All user data will be removed. Configuration state will be retained.|
|REFURBISH||[Warning] This action will perform a factory data reset and de-provision your device. All configurations, login credentials, and group associations will be removed from the device and the device will be disassociated with your Platform account.|
How do I send a remote command?
To successfully send out a remote command you must meet the following requirements:
- Your Controller user scope must have fleet:admin or notify:all enabled. Contact your Controller account owner or user admin to grant you these permissions.
- The device's connection status must be online.
Once you meet the above requirements, follow these steps to send out a remote command:
- Log into Controller.
- Click the Devices tab.
- Search for your device in the table. You can quickly search for your device using the IMEI, Serial, or Name.
- Click the UUID associated with your device.
- Click the Actions dropdown > select PING or CHECK FOR UPDATES. If you need to send other commands, then click the Actions dropdown > ...More actions
- Select the command you want to send out.
- Type out the command to confirm.
- Click Send command